As you know, my love for ramen runs deep. I’m constantly in search for the best ramen spots. The recipe I’m about to share is my original Goat Peppersoup Ramen inspired by my African roots. My first attempt at cooking this was about 2 years ago and a few tweaks were made along the years to give you perfection!
You would need;
8 pieces of medium sized cleaned smoked goat meat
1 medium size onion
2 chopped scotch bonnet peppers
1 tablespoon peppersoup spice
2 hardboiled eggs
2 packs of ramen noodles
1 cup of chopped scallion
4 garlic cloves chopped
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon corn starch for thickness (optional)
6 cups of water
2 tablespoon of olive oil
salt to taste
Serving size- 2-4
- Add the smoked goat, half of the chopped onions, 1 chopped scotched bonnet pepper, chopped garlic, ½ tbsp. grated ginger in a sauce pan, knorr season, and salt to taste. Without adding water, simmer for 15 minutes on medium heat with the lid closed tight. The goat meat would produce its own natural juice and this would also ensure that the meat absorbs all the flavors of the spices.
- Add about 2 cups of water and cook the meat till its tender to your taste.
- Once the goat meat is fully cooked, remove the meat from the broth then strain.
- Using the same pan, heat the olive oil then add the other half of the chopped onions, chopped scotched bonnet pepper, and ginger. Simmer for about 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the peppersoup mix and simmer for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add the strained goat meat broth and 4 cups of water then bring to boil.
- Add additional seasoning and salt according to your taste and simmer for another 3 minutes on high heat.
- Add the goat meat (I cut mine into smaller pieces for ease) then cook for another 5 minutes on high heat.
- Mix the cornstarch into a very light consistency with water and add to the soup. Simmer for about 5 minutes on medium heat (you can skip this step if you like your soup in a watery consistency).
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil then add the ramen.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes then drain the water.
- Add the cooked ramen to a boil then add some of the peppersoup.
- Add the chopped scallions and hard boiled eggs.